Can Microdermabrasion Help With Acne Scars?
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a therapy designed to improve the appearance of superficial skin problems, including light hyperpigmentation and acne scars.
The technique relies on the use of microscopic exfoliating crystals sprayed onto your epidermis (the outermost layer of skin). Licensed aestheticians at the Baltic Beauty Centre pass a handheld device over the target area, gently smoothing the skin underneath, disrupting any superficial scar tissue.
Microdermabrasion for Acne Scars
Microdermabrasion is an effective way to reduce the appearance of many types of superficial scars. As the wand passes over affected areas of the epidermis, it removes dead cells, unclogs pores, and helps the skin reclaim its youthful vitality and aesthetics.
The therapy tends to work better on certain types of scarring than others. For instance, clinical experience shows that it is highly effective for depressed scars, which create craters on the skin’s surface. It is not suitable for ice pick scars, a specific type of blemish that leaves narrow but deep impressions.
Microdermabrasion may also help avoid recurrent bouts of scar-causing cystic acne. Because it removes the outermost layer of skin and sebum, it prevents breakout-causing oil from getting trapped in the pores. Licensed aestheticians at the Baltic Beauty Centre can advise you on the best treatment options in this situation.
Microdermabrasion Consultation Available
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
The benefits of microdermabrasion are substantial.
- Affordable. Would you like to avoid expensive skin treatments? If so, then you might want to consider microdermabrasion. Because the treatment is non-invasive and straightforward, you can get a real makeover, without the usual price tag.
- Zero downtime. Do you want to get on with your day immediately after receiving treatment? With microdermabrasion, you can. There’s no bandaging or waiting in a recovery room. Enjoy your new skin from day one.
- Quick and effective. Microdermabrasion techniques last around 30 minutes, and then you’re done. After that, you can quickly get back to your usual responsibilities.
- Versatile. Not only does microdermabrasion deal with acne scars, but it also helps with a variety of other common skin complaints, including sun damage, enlarged pores, age spots, and wrinkles. It’s suitable for both young and old, and one of the safest skin-improving therapies available.
- Pleasant. Microdermabrasion is famous for being a treatment that patients look forward to receiving thanks to the pleasant sensation!
Am I a Candidate for Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is ideal for people who want to improve the appearance of superficial skin blemishes, such as acne scars.
However, you should avoid the procedure if you have active cystic or nodular acne, open wounds on the target area, or irritation-related rashes, such as eczema.