How Does Microdermabrasion Benefit My Skin?
Have you noticed blemishes, wrinkles, or age spots on your skin? If so, then microdermabrasion could help. This fascinating treatment – available at the Baltic Beauty Centre – removes the top layer of skin cells, encouraging fresh, rejuvenating growth from underneath.
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a minimally-invasive skin-enhancing technique that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, melasma, and a variety of other common skin issues. An esthetician at the Baltic Beauty Centre runs an applicator over areas of skin you’d like to treat, gently removing the top layer of cells, revealing fresh growth underneath.
Experts believe that microdermabrasion works by applying optimal levels of stress to skin cells. The dermis goes into “maintenance mode,” activating repair pathways that refresh it from the inside out.
Microdermabrasion is widely considered a safe cosmetic procedure for the majority of skin types. Some applicators use an abrasive surface – a little bit like fine-grain sandpaper – while others spray the skin with a combination of sodium bicarbonate and aluminum oxide.
After microdermabrasion, there is little to no downtime. Usually, you can resume your daily activities immediately. We advise that you keep your skin well hydrated for the first week or so using gentle moisturizing skin products. We also suggest that you avoid using topical medications during this period. Where possible, you should stay out of the sun until the outermost layer of skin has had a chance to recover and renew.
Microdermabrasion at Baltic Beauty Centre brings a host of benefits:
- Immediate results: Many cosmetic treatments require you to wait several weeks – or even months – to see the effects. But with microdermabrasion, improvements in your skin are immediate. You should notice that your skin looks smoother and pores are reduced following treatment. And as your skin recovers over time, your complexion will appear refreshed and renewed.
- Deal with a variety of skin problems in a single session: Microdermabrasion helps to address a vast range of skin issues simultaneously, eliminating the need for multiple, separate treatments.
- Healthier skin: Microdermabrasion doesn’t just make your skin look better, it also makes it healthier at a fundamental level. The applicator causes positive stress to the dermis, encouraging it to come back stronger than before.
Multiple treatments: You can continue coming back to the Baltic Beauty Centre for follow-up microdermabrasion treatments to keep your skin in excellent condition over the long-term.
Microdermabasion Consultation Available
Should You Consider Microdermabrasion?
Because microdermabrasion is such a safe procedure (and doesn’t involve any cutting or penetration of the skin) it is suitable for most patients.
Microdermabrasion may be helpful if you have:
- UV-induced sun damage
- Superficial acne scarring
- Dull, lifeless skin
- Stretch marks
- Brown spots, age spots, and hyperpigmentation
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Enlarged pores and blackheads
- Uneven skin texture and tone
Please note that microdermabrasion is not suitable for patients with broken or bruised skin as well as other certain skin conditions. Your candidacy will be discussed at length during your consultation.