Is Botox® Safe?
When fine lines and wrinkles start to compromise your image and confidence, Botox® is one of the first cosmetic treatments that may come to mind. This well-known cosmetic injectable has helped millions of people restore their youthful appearances, and the providers at Baltic Beauty Centre have an expert eye for administering them to men and women alike.
There are plenty of questions that you may want to ask before undergoing a Botox® procedure, which can be answered at the consultation phase. Nonetheless, safety concerns can sometimes be the biggest issue. While avoiding the prospect of going under the knife is attractive, understanding the Botox® procedure is important.
About Botox® Safety
Botox® anti-aging treatments focus on injecting the botulinum toxin into the muscles just under the skin to relax them. This subsequently stops wrinkles and fine lines caused by repetitive muscle contractions and movements. Botox® is an FDA-approved treatment that is used by aestheticians and beauticians across the globe.
While the toxin can be life-threatening in large quantities, the tiny amounts contained in the injections are deemed safe. In fact, the number of cases with adverse side effects reported to the FDA each year is within a single digit. Therefore, Botox® is considered a very safe option. Nonetheless, you should be aware of any potential side effects. The most common are;
- Pain and swelling around the point of injection,
- Nausea and chills,
- Excessive tearing or dry eyes.
In most cases, those symptoms will subside within a few hours to days.
Choosing Botox® can give you peace of mind because it is a brand recognized across the globe. Some of the key benefits to be gained from the injectables are;
- Botox® treatment can be completed in one quick in-office session.
- The treatment is very safe, with the results often lasting for 6-12 months.
- Results show immediately, not least because the swelling should fade very quickly.
- Botox® treats a range of issues like crow’s feet, lip lines, and more.
- Botox® can make you look younger, more confident, and happier in all situations.
- It can help you to avoid surgery and the extended downtime it can bring.
- It can save you money compared to various skin rejuvenation alternatives.
Botox® cosmetic procedures are primarily designed for mild-to-moderate lines and wrinkles. However, it is possible to have the injections for medical purposes too.
Botox Consultation Available
Am I a Candidate for Botox®?
Botox® is just one example of cosmetic injectables that Baltic Beauty Centre’s team of aestheticians can discuss with you during your consultation. Dermal fillers and alternative skin rejuvenation solutions are also available to treat a variety of skin concerns. Still, you may be considered a great candidate for Botox® injectables if you are;
- Unhappy with the signs of premature aging and the impact it is having on your quality of life,
- Worried about invasive surgery and the side effects that those treatments may bring,
- Would like to gain a semi-permanent enhancement with a safe, FDA-approved procedure.
Take the Next Step
If you have further questions on Botox®, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with one of our expert providers at Baltic Beauty Centre in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida today. Call us at (954) 944-1174 or fill out our convenient online contact form.