What Should You Expect After a Chemical Peel Treatment?
After a chemical peel, you can expect your skin to look rejuvenated and more vibrant. The treatment addresses a range of common skin concerns, including dullness, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles. Patients who receive chemical peels at the Baltic Beauty Centre typically enjoy more youthful skin that they are proud to call their own.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a skin treatment that involves applying various regenerative acids to the epidermis (the outermost layer of skin cells). The compounds stimulate the skin’s innate rejuvenating potential, thereby reducing blemishes and making it appear more youthful and vital.
There are several different types of chemical peel, graded by the depth they penetrate the skin.
- Light peels using fruit acids typically go down a couple of layers and address superficial issues, such as dullness.
- Medium peels use more potent acid types, such as glycolic acid, and penetrate deeper, targeting complaints like pigmentation and wrinkles.
- Deep peels use extra-strength acids, such as carbolic acid, and may only require one application in a lifetime to convey their beneficial effects.
The Baltic Beauty Centre offers several types of chemical peel designed for different skin problems and types. Our organic peel, for instance, is ideal for sensitive skin requiring extra gentle treatment.
Chemical Peel Aftercare
After a chemical peel, your skin will be sensitive and prone to damage for a few days. Proper post-peel skin care is, therefore, essential.
Because your skin is more delicate following a peel, you should avoid direct exposure to the sun’s UV rays. If you go outside, apply SPF30 sunscreen or greater and wear a hat. It would be best if you also postponed any strenuous exercise, sauna visits, or trips to the steam room as these can increase circulation to the face, causing uncomfortable redness.
Finally, you may want to temporarily switch to washing your face with cold water for a while. Post-peel, warm water may burn.
Chemical Peel Results
Most patients see substantial results from getting a chemical peel. Skin looks softer, smoother, brighter, and more youthful. Furthermore, patients with fine lines and wrinkles often notice a reduction in their severity. Hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and acne scars also become less visible.
Chemical Peels Consultation Available
Chemical Peel Benefits
Benefits of a chemical peel include:
- Softer and younger-looking skin that makes you feel more confident
- A short period of downtime – most swelling and redness disappears in a couple of weeks for deep peels, and just a few days for lighter ones
- A safe procedure that is less invasive than many other cosmetic interventions
Am I a Candidate for Chemical Peels?
At the Baltic Beauty Centre, we consult with you about the best kind of peel for your skin complaints. Good candidates include anyone with acne scarring, redness, lines, wrinkles, or sun damage.